Sunday, April 24, 2016

Looking for the Right House---Appraisal is In!

Friday afternoon, the appraisal came in via FedEx. It was exciting as I riped open the package and quickly scanning it to try to find the amount the property was appraised at.
 
So the verdict is in, it appraised at $5k lower than our agreed upon price! Whew! I was so glad and so relieved!
 
Looking back through it closely, I saw where the land was worth $300 an acre and that each bay of the garage was worth $2,500. That was good to know as we were thinking of adding on even more bays or to have an outbuilding for the 'toys' we know we will need to have.
 
I called our bank and talked with our representative who is handling this transaction and she said she needed a few other documents from me so I emailed them to her and then she mentioned the water test. I let her know it was to be done more than likely this coming week. I spoke to the realtor and let him know what was going on and my bank called and talked to him too.
 
So after this water test comes in and hopefully it is all ok, if so, then it will be a complete go!
 
This weekend I've been packing up the movies and will be working on my room and bathroom and then next week, I'll be packing up the haunt in the garage, allowing two full days to do that. It is going to be a huge task as there is so much in there. But I believe we can get it all done in two days, no problem.
 
It's exciting to be packing things and getting ready for this move. I finally did tell my uncle I may have mentioned and that was hard to do as I know he wanted us to settle here in DE. But I feel as though I need to be near my daughter for one, and two, I just want my own land. I want the woods and wild and to do things with it, grow things and take care of the forest and the stream and just enjoy more time out in the country. I know there may come a time that I can't take care of the land and ourselves and if that time comes, then we'll probably sell it as are the current owners and move to a retirement community or such. But until then, I really want to enjoy my time up there in the wilderness. Just so looking forward to it!
 
My uncle's gf repeated again about being sure we are living close to a hospital as we are not getting any younger. Ok, I have such an issue with this. I wanted to say, why not cut out the middle man and just live next to a cemetery and roll me over the lawn? Save time and money! DOH!
I know they are just concerned and that is nice and all, but I am not going to live my life worrying over a hospital being near me. Right now, I have no medical issues really and yes, that will most likely change as I get older, but it's not right now. And yes, if I am an hour from a hospital and something bad happens, I might not make it and I might die. So be it, I do then. I will have lived my life and enjoyed it fully then on my terms. Perhaps they are trying to be practical, but I just can't live like that, I can't plan my life around the what-ifs or when's or eventually's. I don't want to give up living out there in such a beautiful place simply cause someone thinks I need to live near a hospital? No. I appreciate the caring and concerns, but I need to follow and do what feels right for me. It is probably not forever, and that's ok. :)
 
But like the Goonies say, "This is our time...." and..."Goonies never say die!" :)
 
So off we go, in about 5 weeks! It is going to go superfast!
 
Next up, is the water test!

No comments:

Post a Comment