Monday, January 30, 2023

Switching to Spectrum from Verizon---Part 1

 Strap in for this one!

I've had Verizon for years on end. They've always been pretty good to me, although it was a bit expensive. Seeing the great deal that Spectrum had and got my son moved over to them for his own account and how little he was paying versus what I was paying on Verizon with my daughter and my line, I decided to switch her and I over to Spectrum.

For me having an Iphone13, it was easy peasy to do with the eSim and not having to use an actual physical sim card. Brilliant! To move me over and activate my phone was pretty simple.

My daughter with her Samsung, not so much. She needed to use the physical sim card. So it came in the mail and when we went to try to get her moved over, her phone became a brick! Oh noooo!

Well after hours of pulling my hair out with the customer service people, we got her phone activated.

And then the fun began.

I kept getting emails saying I was paying for a line that I was not using or wasn't activated? I checked on line logging into their site and it said my line was activated but hers wasn't?

So I thought to avoid the frustrating phone call, I would chat online with one of their representatives instead. Oh joy. Not.

The person I got didn't even read what my issue was, they just did c&p job with a script. By now, I should warn you that I've lost most of my patience with this kind of thing after years n years of having to deal with people who will not go off from a script. You have to think outside the box and these people even get discombobulated when I simply ask them how they are doing! Usually, I am nice about it. This time, I am calling them out for it. The person insisted they did type it. But didn't matter anyway because telling me their policy of having to wait 24 hours for an activation had nada to do with my problem not to mention it had been over a week! So I told them they needed to READ what the person writes is their problem instead of this c&p'ing business. They were like oh sorry. I repeated what the issue was that I was getting these emails and texts about the line not being activated so they said, ignore it. LMAO!

Of course these notifications continued so I had to call them up and I actually got a really good lady who looked into it and said yup, it was activated already and she would fix it so I didn't get the notifications anymore and it would reflect the right info on the site then. 

Great! I thought it was all solved. Nope!

I found out that since I was making monthly payments with Verizon for the phones and now have since moved those lines to Spectrum, thus closing the account, that Verizon would be billing me for the balance still unpaid for those phones! I tried to call them to see about a payment plan and each person I talked to seemed to be confused as to what I was wanting to do as they tried to set me up with a payment plan for a phone service bill that I would not be getting anymore. 

Took me a few times of reaching the right person who told me this was all too soon and that I had to wait for the final bill to come in and then call the financial dept to see what they could do.

 

But the issues didn't end there...



No comments:

Post a Comment