Thursday, May 12, 2016

Looking for the Right House---Final Review

Well that is it! The final review was done by our bank and they have informed us that they have all the needed paperwork and everything looks good, good to go!

Now we wait for closing.

But not idly by any means. We are more focused than ever on packing the past few weekends and ordering things that we would need for sure to take with to closing so I can be there for a few weeks to set up electric, cable, internet and all that fun stuff.

What has really helped me a lot was being able to have every document scanned and kept all in the same place in one folder that I can get to quite easily. That way, when the bank or realtor asks me for something, I can easily get it and email it to them. A couple days ago, our bank was asking for the receipt for the water test that we had paid for, so I knew exactly where it was in my folder of moving documents and while I had her on the phone, I found it, attached it to an email and popped it over to her.

I know her and our realtor have been impressed that I've been able to be on top of everything like that. Bing, boom, bam shoot! They've had it in their hand within minutes. I like it that way. It helps tremendously to be that well organized so there is no hold up on our end.

So that is all I will be writing on this until closing. The truck is already reserved and I am picking up a couple furniture dollies as well as a regular tall dolly to help move the boxes and heavy items easier.

The next few weekends will be spent packing and doing things we want to do before we leave in the area. Spending time with family and just taking it easy. We will go over to storage again to do a final check on Memorial Day weekend as that is the last one I will spend here. It seems like it is coming up fast now! Still lots to do yet. :)

Enjoy your weekend and should you be moving, don't let it overwhelm you, make lists and keep everything in one spot, well organized and it makes things very easy and not so stressful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment