Thursday, May 30, 2013

Best Buy Craziness---Update!

After receiving the 2nd email warning me that Best Buy would cancel my order if they did not hear from me, I didn't call them, only replied with an email, knowing of course that no one was really going to respond to it, but I knew I was to wait a couple days.

Today, I didn't hear anything at all so something made me want to call them to check it out. It is during the week after all and I wondered what kind of response I'd get and/or if everything had worked itself out with the MasterCard or if my order had been cancelled.

After a few spins around the transfer conga line, I ended up with a lady who was obviously from the U.S. I explained to her what had happened and what Best Buy did with my MasterCard and also what the Best Buy rep on Monday had told me. She knew exactly what I was talking about as it had happened to her too before! DOH! Oh man!
But she said she would call the MasterCard company and get the funds released and take care of everything if I could just wait on hold for 3-5 mins. I said sure no problem. She had the phone number for the card even and everything! IMPRESSIVE!

So I waited. She came back at one point to apologize for the wait, it wasn't that long tho'! :) And she said she realized I had a Reward Zone MC rather than Capital One so it took her longer but she said it would be a minute or two more and then put me back on hold. And good to her word, she returned in a minute or so and told me everything was taken care of!! :)
She said that she had the whole thing reversed with the MasterCard (I believe she meant the charges) and she said if my card had denied Best Buy one more time, the order would have been cancelled so while she had him on the phone, she made sure first that there was sufficient funds and it was all clear, the guy told her yes, and then she went ahead and quickly charged my card for the iPad then right away. It went thru no problem and so now my order is on it's way as scheduled and it will arrive at the store on Saturday, June 1st!! YAY!!

I was ecstatic that she was able to get everything all taken care of!! How wonderful! I thanked her profusely!

And thank the Gods that I got HER on the phone and she is from the U.S. Not to knock other countries or cultures or whatnot but it has been my most unfortunate experience that whenever I have someone other than from the US try to handle my accounts or money or orders, it always gets screwed up. I find that if I want or need someone to help me with my US money, I need a US person to take care of it!

AND! I have to always remember to never ever call for things like this on the weekend. Only during the week as my chances of being bounced to a different country's call center is less during the week.

Man...all of that bs when it could have been taken care of on Monday! DOH!

And all of that when I should not have ordered it to be sent to a store local when it was in stock at another one not too far away!

Lessons learned!

She had also stated in agreement with me that other companies do not do this and that Best Buy was to put a hold on the funds but not charge the card til it was shipped. It was just wacky what happened tho'! I am glad it's over nearly and on Saturday, I'll have my iPad!! YAY!

Whew! What an ordeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment